Softball @ Carbon Hill today at 4:30 p.m.
It is official that we will have a FULL day of school tomorrow as an adjustment of instructional time for that missed during our snow events.
Juniors will take the ACT Wednesday, April 23rd.
The Northside Band will hold auditions for majorettes, danceline, color guard, and drum major on Thursday, April 24th. Instructional camp will be held on April 21-23 from 3:15 until 4:30 p.m. The audition on Thursday, April 24th will start as soon after school as the judges arrive. The audition is closed to the public. Audition packets are available in the office.
All girls interested in playing basketball next year should meet in Coach Hubbert’s room Thursday, April 24th at break.
Softball @ Cordova Thursday, April 24th at 4:30 p.m.
NHS Softball Tournament Friday, April 25th and Saturday, April 26th.
April 28 is Compass Test date for high school students who need to test after school. This test will be at 4:30 p.m. Students must have a Shelton State “S” number (this is your student ID number given to you when you completed your application) and must schedule a Compass placement test. You may do that by visiting http://www.sheltonstate.edu/future_students/testing_assessment_services/compass.aspx and clicking on “Scheduling COMPASS Session,” or by calling Martha Key at 205-391-2231.
Northside area little league ball park is sponsoring a Rodeo on May 2nd and 3rd at Sipsey Arena. Tickets are $10 and available in the office.
Monday, May 5 – 6:30 p.m. – Senior Honors Night; This is for Seniors who are being recognized for Scholarship awards. Please be sure that all scholarship letters are in to Mrs. Hudgins by Monday, April 28 to be included in Honors Night. No exceptions!
FROM THE NURSE’S DESK…….
IF YOU RECEIVE A LETTER REGARDING YOUR CHILD(REN)’S IMMUNIZATION S (EXPIRED BLUE CARD) – YOU MUST PRESENT AN UPDATED BLUE CARD BEFORE YOUR CHILD(REN) WILL BE ALLOWED TO RECEIVE A SCHEDULE/ HOMEROOM TEACHER ASSIGNMENT IN AUGUST. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD(REN)’S SHOTS ARE BROUGHT UP-TO-DATE OVER THE SUMMER MONTHS.
Tuscaloosa County Health Department -Back to School Immunization Clinics -Pre-K – 12th Grade
All Clinic dates are walk in only. No appointments will be made.
August 1, 2014 from 8:30a.m. - 12:30p.m. ~ August 4, 2014 from 8:30a.m. - 12:30p.m.
August 5, 2014 from 8:30a.m. - 2:30p.m. ~ August 7, 2014 from 8:30a.m. - 2:30p.m.
· There is no charge for Medicaid covered children, however, they will need to present their Medicaid card.
· Students who have Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health Insurance and present their cards will not be charged. However,
· All other clients will be charged a fee, based on their income.
· Clients need to bring immunization records with them.
· UPDATED PARENT/PRESCRIBER AUTHORIZATION ORDERS MUST BE COMPLETED FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR IF YOUR CHILD(REN) WILL NEED TO TAKE MEDICATION NEXT SCHOOL YEAR. YOU MAY OBTAIN A MEDICATION ORDER FORM FROM THE NURSING OFFICE. FORMS SHOULD BE RETURNED TO THE SCHOOL NURSE AT THE TIME THAT MEDICATION IS BROUGHT IN BY A PARENT/GUARDIAN NEXT SCHOOL YEAR. ALL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION REQUIRES A DOCTOR AND PARENT SIGNATURE. ALL OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATION REQUIRES A PARENT SIGNATURE…. IF THE MEDICATION AND DOSAGE IS APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR CHILD(REN)’S AGE (SEE BOTTLE DIRECTIONS FOR DOSING IN REGARDS TO AGE), OTHERWISE A DOCTOR’S SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED.
· NO ZIPLOCK BAGS OF COUGH DROPS, ETC. WILL BE ACCEPTED. ALL OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS MUST BE IN THE ORIGINAL, UNOPENED CONTAINER.
· NO EXPIRED MEDICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
· ALL INHALERS MUST BE IN THE ORIGINAL BOX WITH THE PRESCRIPTION LABEL INTACT.
· ANY PRESCRIPTIONS REQUIRING HALF TABLETS, MUST BE SPLIT PRIOR TO THE MEDICATION BEING BROUGHT IN TO THE NURSE’S OFFICE.
· IF ANY CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE OVER THE SUMMER MONTHS TO YOUR CHILD’S HEALTH CAREPLAN, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SCHOOL NURSE WITH DOCUMENTATION FROM THE DOCTOR STATING ANY CHANGES THAT HAVE OCCURRED, OTHERWISE THE PREVIOUS SCHOOL YEAR’S HEALTH CAREPLAN WILL REMAIN IN PLACE.
· AT NO TIME, IS IT PERMISSIBLE FOR A STUDENT TO CARRY ANY MEDICATION AT ANYTIME ON PERSON UNLESS PROPER PAPERWORK WITH REQUIRED SIGNATURES HAS BEEN SUBMITTED TO THE SCHOOL NURSE.
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM ACT - Juniors
3:15 PM - 4:30 PM Band Instructional Camp
3:15 PM - 4:00 PM Band Auditions
4:30 PM - 8:00 PM SB @ Cordova
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM Compass Test at Shelton
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM SB v. Northridge
6:30 PM - 7:00 PM Senior Honors Night
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM Graduation